Thursday, October 2, 2008

My New Purse from an Etsy Seller, Of Course!!






I am really so excited to be buying as much as I can handmade! I just love etsy and all the really fabulous artists and crafters on the site. I have made a few purchases from several different shops, mostly for supplies. Everything though has been outstanding.
I had this purse in my favorites for several months and I finally decided to buy it after a lot of perusing shops on etsy to be sure it was THE one for me! So when it arrived I was very excited. And it was worth the wait! It is just beautiful. Well constructed and prettier than it's picture. The greens in the fabric used on the back of the bag are more vibrant and the yellows on the front are just softer and more lucious than I could tell from the pictures. Anyway, needless to say, it was everything I dreamed it would be. So! Where did I get this fabulous purse you ask? I purchased this purse from http://www.nansredesigns.etsy.com/ and it was a very pleasant experience. The shipping was very quick and Nan is very easy to work with. She is happy to do custom orders to suit your tastes including those looking for a vegan friendly bag. She does a lot of repurposing and recycling of fabrics so her shop is also very eco-friendly. What more could you ask for? She obviously has a great eye! her shop is order friendly and eco friendly and her prices are just right. Take a look around and see what you think. I would love to know too, so feel free to leave me a comment.




I love the back of this bag. Many parts of the bag were upcycled, recycled material. Like the tie dye print on the front. The back though is a cotton batik print. Check it out.




So sixties, at least it reminds me of that. And you can just throw this bag right across your body, or you can tie up the strap and wear it on one shoulder, whichever you choose. I like the tied look personally, for now anyway. She has a large selection of really great bags in a number of different styles to suit almost anyone. Here's another link! Check her out!

7 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

That is a great bag. The joke around my family is that they all know their gifts are from Etsy. Why not? We have some awesome sellers!!!
-10oneworld

TheresaJ said...

What a great bag! Congrats on the score!

Bubbles said...

Great bag :), I love shopping on etsy too, I just need to win the lotto to be able to afford everything I see and want!

Bluesaphire said...

Beautiful bags! And the one you chose looks so lovely too! I love Etsy also...all the sellers rock! Nice blog and the jewelery is fabby too :O)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Great bag! Funky, fun *and* fashionable!

Anonymous said...

ooohhh...pretty bag!!!
here through the shameless promotion thread on etsy!!
blacksheepbags.etsy.com

Silja Erg said...

How wonderful and colorful find!
I like the side where there are those colorful ornaments. Very cool

Take this Quiz

You Are 67% Creative
You are beyond creative. You are a true artist - even if it's not in the conventional sense of the word.
You love creating for its own sake, and you find yourself quite inspired at times.