Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pictures




I have been working diligently on my picture taking. I got some great advice from a photographer in an etsy forum who explained why when I was taking pictures on a white background I was getting a "blue" effect. So I was able to fix that and now I can take pictures of my jewelry on a white background as well as using some of the other backgrounds that I like, but that may not show up the jewelry as clearly. I had not been using any editing software either and recently my husband showed me ezimba.com so I have started using that, but only to put my shop name at the bottom and sometimes to correct the lighting if necessary. I don't do any special effects or change the look of the jewelry in any way. I hesitate even to change the photo at all, but sometimes it is clear that the quick fix option does make it look more like what the jewelry actually looks like in person. So what do you think? How do my new pics look to you? The top pic is one of the best of my old pictures and the one below is my new stuff. Feel free to leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you! You can view more pictures at my shop too! And if you are interested in this piece it IS available for purchase!!

2 comments:

trudette said...

lovely jewelery, beautiful colors

kim* said...

the colors are perfect for fall.

Take this Quiz

You Are 67% Creative
You are beyond creative. You are a true artist - even if it's not in the conventional sense of the word.
You love creating for its own sake, and you find yourself quite inspired at times.