Saturday, August 2, 2008

Say a Little Prayer

We had some very sad news the other day. My brother in law's wife's sister's daughter (there must be a better way to say that- I am very bad with family connections) has been diagnosed with cancer. She is only 10 years old and a beautiful child. To give you an example of her beautiful spirit she was at the time of her diagnosis, growing out her hair for "locks of love." It appears to be a "Wilms" tumor and they have removed it. Now they have to put her through chemo. I just can't believe little children have to go through chemotherapy. It just seems horribly unfair. And, if the diagnosis is correct, this is a cancer that only affects children. Talk about unfair! But, the reality is that she is not alone. There are many more children just like her and younger than her and with far worse conditions, in far worse conditions. And so I pray for acceptance for all those who love her and for Cassidy herself. I pray that God will give comfort to us all and courage and strength to those who need it.

1 comment:

ByNanasHands said...

Jenn,
I will certainly keep Cassidy and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. Joe and I are HUGE supporters of St. Jude's Children's Hospital...it's a charity that is so near and dear to our hearts....you all are NOT walking this path alone...

Melana

Take this Quiz

You Are 67% Creative
You are beyond creative. You are a true artist - even if it's not in the conventional sense of the word.
You love creating for its own sake, and you find yourself quite inspired at times.